Monday, November 12, 2012

Introduction:

Welcome football fans!

This blog is for South Jersey High School Football. South Jersey is defined as Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem Counties although teams from Ocean County may be included in my Group 1 rankings if they have been placed in Group 1 South and New Egypt is included as they play a Burlington County schedule (although I did not include Trenton Catholic). So South Jersey is defined as the following traditional conferences: Burlco-Olympic, Cape-Atlantic, Colonial, and Tri-County. Although some of these conferences have merged into the West Jersey Football League, the conferences are still intact for other sports and thus they reamin members of their original conferences in my view. I cover only what I know - primarily Group 1, The Tri-County Conference and Gloucester County are my areas of coverage.

Main Sections of this blog:

Rankings are not official until Monday morning

Rankings for 2006, 2007,2008, 2009 and 2010 are posted way below.

2011 rankings will start from where 2010 left off and teams will move up or down as the current season progresses. This is not a projection of where I think that they will finish. It is a progression as they show their stuff. It will balance out in the end. I will begin these rankings after all schools have played at least one game.
(Please note: I am sorry but I removed the sidebar photos to speed up the blog. Many of them have been placed on my BORO70 Facebook page)

1. Group 1 Rankings - 24 teams ranked from top to bottom

2. South Jersey Top 20:  This replaced the Small School Rankings (Groups 1 and 2, Public and Non-Public) used until 2009. When the Courier Post changed it's format, I went along with the change.  However I still rank all Atlantic County teams even though the CP does not.  Therefore I have the only rankings that fairly cover traditional South Jersey. The state and the CP have split traditional South Jersey.  I have not and never will! I rank the top 25 based on a poll question in 2009 and I added a wildcard to make it the Top 26.

3. Tri-County Conference rankings - 18 teams ranked from top to bottom

4. Gloucester County rankings - 13 teams ranked from top to bottom

5. Public Schools Playoff History

6. Largest Margins of Victory (60 point margin or higher)

I will be re-arranging the posts after the 2011 season starts.


Rankings:

In 2006, I basically ranked 48 teams in 4 categories.

For 2007: I ranked 52 teams:

2008: 55 schools



For 2009 and 2010: All South Jersey teams are under consideration for the Top 26, but 33 schools were also ranked in the other categories.



For 2009 and 2010: All South Jersey teams are under consideration for the Top 26, but 33 schools were also ranked in the other categories.


For 2011: All South Jersey teams are under consideration for the Top 26, but 34 schools are also ranked in the other categories.



Group 1 (24 schools)


Audubon

Bordentown (Central Jersey Group 1)

Burlington City (Central Group 1)

Cedar Creek - new school and probably just passing through Group 1 as they grow

Clayton

Florence (Central Group 1)

Gateway

Glassboro

Gloucester City

Haddon Heights

Haddon Township

Lindenwold

Maple Shade

New Egypt (Central Group 1)

Overbrook

Palmyra
Paulsboro

Penns Grove

Pennsville

Pitman

Riverside (Central Jersey Group 1)

Salem

Schalick

Wildwood

Woodbury



Additional Tri-County Conference (9 schools)

Delsea

Deptford

Clearview

Cumberland

Gloucester Catholic

Highland

Kingsway

Williamstown

Woodstown - may return to Group 1 in the future

Additional Gloucester County (1 school):

Washington Twp.

Total (80) by Groups:

Group 1 = 24
Group 2 = 17
Group 3 = 15
Group 4 = 16
Non-Public = 8



Total by counties:

Atlantic = 12 (Group 1 = 1, Group 2 = 2, Group 3 = 3, Group 4 = 3, Non-Public = 3)

Burlington = 18 (Group 1 = 6, Group 2 = 4, Group 3 = 3, Group 4 = 4, Non-Public = 1)
Camden = 23 (Group 1 = 5, Group 2 = 5, Group 3 = 5, Group 4 = 4, Non-Public = 4)
Cape May = 4 (Group 1 = 1, Group 2 = 2, Group 3 = 1, Group 4 = 0, Non-Public = 0)
Cumberland = 4 (Group 1 = 0, Group 2 = 1, Group 3 = 1, Group 4 = 2, Non-Public = 0)
Gloucester = 13 (Group 1 = 6, Group 2 = 2, Group 3 = 2, Group 4 = 3, Non-Public = 0)
Ocean = 1 (Group 1 = 1, Group 2 =0, Group 3 = 0, Group 4 = 0, Non-Public = 0)
Salem = 5 (Group 1 = 4, Group 2 = 1, Group 3 = 0, Group 4 = 0, Non-Public = 0)
When I rank teams I stopped including rankings from other sources. Nobody's rankings are perfect, so rank your team as the best that anyone gives you.

This is all just for fun!


Obviously I will never see all of these teams. Help is appreciated. I compare views as per http://www.nj.com/forums/hsfootballs/ and as per e-mails. Newspaper views are irrelevant as I do not view their rankings until after I post mine.
You may comment here. You may check the "other" box if you are not a registered user. I can post or not post your comments. I will most likely not post anonymous comments unless it is something that contributes to the discussion for that week. Please put your forum name or real name or another way for me to identify the source if you want your comment posted. If you give me an e-mail so that I can respond to you, then I can tell you what needs to be edited in your comments before posting (such as re-sending without your name and/or e-mail so that I don't publish your name and/or e-mail).
Please inform me of any typos! I have bad eyes and fumble fingers.

4 comments:

salemrams14 said...

wats up i was jus wondering if you had any photos from the 2004 football season consisting of the salem rams??

BORO70 said...

Sorry, but I was not taking photos that year.

I also lost photos to 2 computer burnouts. (I have to remember to backup immediately and not procrastinate.)

If anyone sees a photo that you like, use the comments and send me your email, which I will not publish.

Anonymous said...

At one time I saw on your blog the Football season records for GHS going back to the early 1900's.
Are they still available?

BORO70 said...

Yes: http:boro70a.blogspot.com